Recently, I was lucky enough to perform with half of Hamer & Isaacs gypsy swing band at the Red Lion in Newquay and thought I’d share my favourite moments from the evening with you, so here goes…
5 favourite moments from The Red Lion gig:
- Performing music with some wonderful people and smiling through every minute!
- Howard Kahn‘s (bassist) brief moment of crazy dancing to club music in the interval. I’m sure he’ll demonstrate if you ask him *very* nicely. 😛
- Hearing Dave Jones‘ amazing guitar skills!
- Becky Brine‘s nacho cheese jokes and very realistic Donald Duck impression!
- The girl with super-long dreadlocks and her friend’s really enthusiastic dancing. ‘Twas brillig!
There were a few things that surprised me, although they were mainly to do with the lack of Anchorman jazz flute and Jethro Tull mentions.
If you’d like to listen to more gypsy swing or download one of Hamer & Isaacs live albums, here’s the link along with some photos from the gig:
Follow my amusing musical journey on Twitter / Facebook / Sterry Cartoons